Re: [nafex] Re: Japanese beetles

Even with none of my 4 kids playing an organized sport this summer, I've
had precious little time to do much more than attempt to keep the weeds in
the orchard below head-high.  Haven't really paid much attention to the
JBs, though I know they've been 'heavy'.
Most of my Euro plums have had their leaves skeletonized, but they don't
seem to have hit the Jap hybrids quite so hard(though I may be
misremembering the facts, here).  They've worked the gooseberries and hardy
kiwis over pretty good, and I had 3 or 4 rows of English oak(Q.robur)
seedlings in the nursery that have skeletonized leaves now.  They haven't
really bothered any of my bur, white, overcup, sawtooth, or any of the
hybrid oak seedlings, nor the pecans/hickories, walnuts, or persimmons.
Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY