Re: [nafex] Hmm. Kousa fruits. Not bad...

>The texture was off-putting and I found the flavor of one
>to be like very over-ripe and rotted peaches and the second one to be bland
>with little complexity.  I have a C. mas and can hardly wait for it to
>fruit--hopefully next season.
>Doreen Howard

>From: Ginda Fisher
>>I didn't try to eat the whole fruit, but broke off a point and sucked
>>out the flesh.  Even so, I didn't like the consistency, but was
>>impressed by the flavor, which reminded me of mango.

Well, remember everybody- the only fruit I've tasted that I didn't like was fresh cashew pear. But I LOVE dried cashew pear. So if I say I like something, I can't say it's gonna be rated #1 by the majority.
Like they say: "well, more for me then!"
-Rick

Rick Valley Northern Groves
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)456-4364  Bamboo catalog $3 or at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants‹ Permaculture education‹ Ecological design & consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Pv4pGD/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM