[nafex] Summer pruning persimmons and paw paw

The Dave Wilson site recommends summer pruning for size control of
standard trees for apple and I believe pear. Has anyone tried
controling the size of persimmons using summer pruning? How about paw
paw? Didn't I read that persimmons drop their branches like leaves?
Would this habit affect the way one would summer prune them?
I am putting out about 5 persimmon and 5 paw paw in prime orchard
space, taking the chance that summer pruning will control their size.
If not, they will shade the apple trees. Any advice? Thanks much!
If I get a "definately this will not work" then I might dig them up
and put something else in their place. But anything short of that,
I'll probly leave them there and experiment.
Kevin B
z 3 and 5

StartMeUp jump starts your car's battery
using only the cigarette lighter.
$24.95 at Youcansave.com
http://us.click.yahoo.com/20gskB/LTTDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM