[nafex] hardy pears

The recent posts about pears got my mouth watering, was looking up a couple
of the pears in the Fruit, Berry and Nut Inventory book, and decided to see
what were listed as pears hardy to zone 4 or colder. I am willing to try
fruit that's good to zone 4 here experimentally. Reading the FBNI
descriptions didn't help the mouth watering problem!
Here is the list I made up from FBNI's info, would be interested in
comments, since their info is all from catalog's claims. I listed 41 pears,
some the zone is not mentioned , some had no mention of FB resistance. If
you wish to comment, I thought it might easiest to just add comments
adjacent to the fruit as listed.           s=suseptable  mr=moderatly
resistant   r=resistant  vr=very resistant      Thanks!

Del Stubbs
ag zone 2/3
Pinewood Forge

  HARDY PEARS

Beirschmitt - s
Beurre Hardy
Clapp's Favorite - s
Clara-Frijs
Clark - r
Colette -
David -r
Douglas - vr
Flemish Beauty - s
Golden Spice
Gourmet  (z?)
Hardee  (z?)
Harrow Sweet -r- (z?)
Harvest Queen -  vr
Herman Last - r
Hudar
Hybrid Pear (for wildlife)
John - r - (z?)
Jubilee
Karl's Favorite - mr
Kieffer - vr
Lincoln
Luscious - r
Manning-Miller
Maxine (Starking Delicious) - r
Nova - mr
Parker
Patten
Pepi - fb immune
Sauvignac
Shipova
Sirrine
Southworth
Stacey
Stacyville
Summercrisp
Sun Pear
Turnbull (Turnbull Giant)
Ubileen (z?)
Ure
Vermont Beauty (z?)

Unlimited PC-PC calling at Crystal Voice! - Only $1/Mo.
Download your free 30 day trial. Click here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Gb1xVB/GxbDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM