[nafex] Seckel

I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring on pears (although since I'm
in zone 6b (US) it won't help Del's hardiness search).  "Everyone"
always says how wonderful Seckel pears are.  Well, I've never met a
Seckel I liked.  What am I missing?

I really love pears both European and Asian (although if not properly
ripened the Asians can be rather bland, and some varieties' skin can
be bitter).  My favorite is probably Bosc, with Anjou and Bartlett
about even, and I don't have a current "favorite" among the Asians.

I read in a recent book that pears don't seem to get scab unless
planted near apples.  True?

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!