[nafex] Palms/Phragmites

Hi Hélène:

> Tom,
> Last summer, I came accross some reed growing in a marshy ditch on
the side
> of the road and I am sure it is the same plant as what you got in
church on
> Sunday.

Please take a look at the following web page:
http://omega.cc.umb.edu/~conne/leslie/lesliepage.htm

Some of the links are good illustrations of Phragmites.  Some people
consider Phragmites to be invasive (and it is in marshes where the
water level does not vary enough to drown most of the plants every
decade or so.)  Others think it is a fine plant for tough growing
conditions.  Personally, I would like to find a clone with soft
blades.  Most clones have blades that cut skin like rip saws.  If your
plant is Phragmites, you might want to think twice before sending it
to friends.

I am not telling you what to do.  Just something to consider.

-Joe in Eaton Rapids, Michigan (the cultural and intellectual center
of Eaton County, Michigan)

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!