Re: [nafex] Fertilizer - Dumb Question

I don't know the chemistry of it but I would not be concerned about
uptake from that wood.
Tests that I have seen have shown that the uptake from even new treated
lumber is very minimal.
After next year your ? will be moot.
You will not be able to buy treated lumber any more.
The feds have struck again.
We are all wondering what the construction industry is going to do for
plate stock then.
There is not enough redwood or cedar on the market or in the woods to
make up the difference.
Sam

Thomas Olenio wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This may sound like a ddumb question, but here goes...
>
> If you have 1 gallon of 20-20-20 liquid fertilizer and 1 more gallon of
> water, do you then have 2 gallons of 10-10-10?
>
> Second question...
>
> How safe would it be to construct a raised bed from used, very old,
> pressure treated lumber?  I have some pressure treated lumber that is part
> of a sandbox that was outgrown, and left if the weather.  Does not look
> very pressure treated anymore.  Opinions?
>
> Would linging the inside with plastic be sufficient (soil never touched
> old wood)?
>
> Later,
> Tom
>
> --
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> [Click Here!]
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.1994012.3473453.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705041941:HM/A=1036972/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3466>

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a
> posting and NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting
> was large).

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.