[SANET-MG] testing of human subjects EPA uses the Mengele paradigm

The testing of human subjects is considered very important by corporations and their subordinants in EPA. The argument posed below is truly a goofy one."The study is not expected to to cause serious or irreversible harm to the subjects" in particular is a self serving approach. As usual the "not expected" will flow directly from fat assed public relations people from Monsanto. The EPA have turned to the Dr.Dr. Josef Mengele paradigm for guidance in human experiments.
Commentary
Pesticide Testing on Human Subjects: Weighing Benefits and Risks
David B. Resnik1 and Christopher Portier2

1Office of the Scientific Director, and 2National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA

Abstract
In the debate surrounding testing pesticides on human subjects, two distinct positions have emerged. The first position holds that pesticide experiments on human subjects should be allowed, but only under stringent scientific and ethical standards. The second position asserts that these experiments should never be allowed. In this article, we evaluate what we consider to be the strongest argument for the second position--namely, that the benefits of the experiments are not significant enough to justify the risks posed to healthy subjects. We challenge this argument by examining the benefits and risks of testing pesticides on human subjects. We argue that a study that intentionally exposes humans subjects to pesticides should be permitted if a) the knowledge gained from the study is expected to promote human health; b) the knowledge cannot be reasonably obtained by other means; c) the study is not expected to cause serious or irreversible harm to the subjects; and d) appropriate safeguards are in place to minimize harm to the subjects. Key words: Environmental Protection Agency, ethics, Food Quality Protection Act, human subjects research, pesticide testing. Environ Health Perspect 113:813-817 (2005). doi: 10.1289/ehp.7720 available via http://dx.doi.org/ doi:10.1289/ehp.7720 available via http://dx.doi.org/ [Online 16 March 2005]