Re: [SANET-MG] Key Players in Sustainable Agriculture

Hi Krystle Chang,
On the global front the name Professor George Chan stands out, has spent years perfecting; and he refers to it as the Integrated Food and Waste Management System (IFWMS).Chan was born in Mauritius and educated at Imperial College, London University in the United Kingdom, specializing in environmental engineering. He was appointed director of two important US federal programmes of the US Environmental Protection Agency and the US Department of Energy in the US Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands of the North Pacific. On his retirement, Chan spent 5 years in China among the Chinese peasants, and confessed he learned just as much there as he did in University.Prof. Chan and Dr. Mae-Wan Ho developed the "Dream Farm" concept for zero emission agriculture.
sincerely, joe cummins

Krystle Chung wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm pursuing a career in sustainable agriculture and I was wondering: Who are the key players in sustainable ag? In other words, who are the most influential people who are constantly innovating and finding new ways to practice farming sustainably? I'm looking in particular for those who include financial sustainability as well ( i.e. those whose farms are successfully for-profit).

So far, the names that keep coming up are Eliot Coleman and Joel Salatin. Are there any others paving the way like they do, and if so, what are they doing and where are they located?

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

-Krystle Chung

Visit the SANET-MG archives at: http://lists.sare.org/archives/sanet-mg.html
Questions? Visit http://www.sare.org/about/sanetFAQ.htm.