Molasses applied to soils feeds soil microbes

Steve Diver steved at ncat.org
Mon May 3 10:27:19 EDT 2004

Molasses applied to soils feeds soil microbes.  Activating
soil biology can impact above-ground insect pests by altering
plant metabolism -- especially relating to sap pH and amino
acids -- in addition to controlling to soil-borne diseases which are
the usual target pathogens of enhanced soil biology.

Likewise, I recall some research underway to understand the
effect of compost utilization on arthropod pests.

Likewise, I recall some research on infra-red detection of hot
zones on plant surfaces where insects attacked.

The application of humus management=biology, mineral balancing,
and energetics is the three-part approach in ecofarming.

Steve Diver

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net