Re: [SANET-MG] BBC NEWS | UK | England | Tyne/Wear | Researchers hail organic potatoes

I always felt that if I took the dirt from under a real healthy tree and aerated it with pure water some food like organic molasses that the life in that soil that was so good would grow and grow and in 24 hours it would be a good compost tea to spray on ground and put out in drip and even spray on the trees. because my ground has been organic many years and I use nothing but water I don't think I could find better earth full of life anywhere. like under the banana trees is so good. I think that would be a good place to start. for the bacteria type soil because it is a grass and under the trees for fungus type soil depending on what I want to plant would work. . IMHO If I were to plant a lemon tree it may be wise to put some dirt from a healthy lemon tree in that hole. could it be that easy?? what do you all think of that idea. names there are so many like Eendomycorrhizae-Glomus intraradicas or G mosseae,G aggregatum etc. or Ectomycorrihizae like Rhizopogon villosiullus R luteolus etc. don't mean nothing to me. I don't know if these make a tea. along with Pisolitus i think they need to touch the roots to infect them . I think spores if you can not get the living tea may be a good start but i really feel if that tree is growing real good and i don't use any fertilizers here at all than it must have the right life in that soil to be doing so good. . if I multiply that in a tea and put it out that would make a good tea. ideas will that work?
From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@BELLSOUTH.NET>
To: <SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: BBC NEWS | UK | England | Tyne/Wear | Researchers hail organic potatoes

Douglas Hinds wrote

If you want to continue this here or on seranet, let me know.

Here.

While we're at it we might as well put together a complete list of all soil-dwelling growth promoting, disease preventing, nitrogen-fixing, soil health and biodiversity-building microorganisms, invertebrates and other organisms. Elaine has a list of 7 of the most important.
We could use them as primary categories to build on.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm