Re: [SANET-MG] BBC NEWS | UK | England | Tyne/Wear | Researchers hail organic potatoes

John D'hondt might be interested in this.

I am Lawrence but so far my own spuds, mixture of many varieties, are healthy enough where it seems that many professional growers in Ireland are plowing their blighted crops under at this moment in one of the most blight prone years seen for a long time. Seems that gallons of Dithane did not save them.
john

-
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/4149907.stm>
Last Updated: Thursday, 6 January, 2005, 06:27 GMT
Researchers hail organic potatoes
Professor Carlo Leifert with the Hungarian 'purple' potato. Picture: North News
No chemicals are used on the potatoes. Picture: North News
The organic food industry has been given a boost after potatoes which can be grown without chemicals but resist deadly diseases have been identified.