Re: [SANET-MG] nutrition in a bottle or a bag?

Howdy Frank -

Good to see you on Sanet.  Texas Plant & Soil Lab
uses a unique extraction technique based on C02,
so the numbers on the soil test results need to
be intepreted via the guidelines established by
TPSL.

Soil Analysis Guide Sheet
--Texas Plant & Soil Lab--
http://www.txplant-soillab.com/page5.htm
http://www.txplant-soillab.com/page6.htm

Based on your crop response, you've got a good
soil program underway.

And surely you have other practices and inputs
that you haven't mentioned.

In an earlier post you made a point that is relevant
to this discussion list.  The infrastructure
of organics that provides seeds, soil fertilty, pest
control, and animal feed inputs is lacking in many parts
of the U.S.

It takes considerable effort on the part of farmers to
source these materials; i.e., where you can buy
products at wholesale prices.  Secondly, the shipping
costs are exhorbitant.  The cost to ship can double
the price of the original product.

That's why organic farming associations and cooperatives
can help make a difference.  They can purchase products
in volume and arrange for shipping and pickup at regional
locations.

Another reailty facing organic farmers is that 90- 100%
of the surrounding cropland for corn, cotton, and soybeans
is now GMO.  Just a few years ago the acreage was about
66%.  Now it is 100% in many parts of the cornbelt, cottonbelt,
and soybean belt.  Herbicide drift and GMO drift is therefore
a major factor.

Organic farmers have as many challenges today as they
did twenty years ago.

Best regards,
Steve Diver