Re: Regulation of compost teas (was: NOSB loses its head)

Jeff (others),

>Second, there was NO research....nothing that was peer reviewed, at least.
>The studies that were apparently relied upon were flawed and not peer
>reviewed.

I understand the research showed that e-coli was grown in aerobic compost tea that had molasses added. I thought e-coli was an anaerobic organism. Can anyone explain how the e-coli was able to grow in the aerobic conditions?

I agree with you Jeff.. that the compost rules (turning and temperature) were to make certain there is no e-coli present. If the e-coli was not present in the compost, where did it come from? Is the researcher on this list or does anyone know who it is? How about a copy of the paper on the Internet?

thanks,
Perry