Re: Regulation of compost teas (was: NOSB loses its head)

Greg,

>> "Recommendation: Compost teas if used in contact with crops less
>> than 120 days before harvest must be made from high quality compost
>> described above and not prepared with addition of supplemental
>> nutrients such as sugars, molasses or other readily available
>> (soluble) carbon sources."

> Are you forgetting that many crops are harvested under a 120 days?
> I don't see how anyone could fallow the "recomendation", and still
> use compost tea to best effect, if at all.

The recommendation would permit the use of compost tea made from high
quality compost any time, right up to harvest, as long as no soluble
exogenous food source is added.

I guess what you are really saying is that compost tea does not work
unless one adds sugar, or something like it, to the juice before
application.  Is that true?

Dale