Re: Regulation of compost teas (was: NOSB loses its head)

I believe there is a great truth here, in that whatever "food" is provided
for a microbial brew should provide [apart from sufficient and balanced
elements to satisfy the microbial equivalents of the Laws of von Liebig and
Voisin - plus  healthful tonic components such as Vit C, Vit E, Vits B etc];
the NATURAL food suite they would normally be feeding off.

Maybe the compost used in any tea should include more than the odd
smattering of rotted root material.

Next task : see if any patterns exist between plant and root compositions
[obviously chlorophyll !]; and in their composted products. [I always
thought roots were fairly rich in the sugars banned by the regulations -
does this mean - because of their sugar contents, their use (eg waste beets
fed to brews) too might also face Official Banishment ?]

David Menne : http://www.plantsfood.com

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we
created them" - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept secret
by public incredulity" - Marshall McLuhan (1911-1980)

.