New Compost Tea Group

 This looks like a good group....just formed and obviously needed....

Cheers,

Jeff L

 We are proud to be making the following
announcement...

COMPOST TEA INDUSTRY COUNCIL FORMED
Bellevue, Washington

Recognizing that advances in compost tea making have created the need
to insure the confidence of the growing consumer public using and
brewing compost teas, several members of the industry today announced
formation of The International Compost Tea Council.  "The ICTC  is a
non-profit organization dedicated to the science and integrity of
compost tea," explained Tina Peterson, the acting Executive Director
of the group.

The use of compost tea in organic gardening and farming as well as
for yard care has grown dramatically in the past five years.  "It has
only been recently that scientists have begun to understand, test for
and document the full range of interactions of beneficial micro-
organisms in soils and their importance to plants. We want to make
sure that this science is applied properly," Peterson continued.

"It has become obvious that an organization was needed to acknowledge
and answer questions, provide supporting research and information,
and try and unify the voices of this new industry," explained one of
the incorporating members, Steve Burstkern, an independent tea
consultant. "In addition to questions from the public, regulating
agencies also need sound, scientific data," he added.

The modern day use of compost tea is an offshoot of better
understanding of soil science brought about in the past 18 years
largely a result of the electron microscope. Aerating a compost,
water and microbial nutrient mix makes today's compost teas a vast
improvement over passive, anaerobic compost and water teas previously
used.

It is out of this science that a new technology, though based on
older natural methods, has been born. " The manufacture of aerobic
compost tea and brewers and tea application itself have resulted in a
growing industry. On top of everything else, we need to set a
standard to insure the highest quality within our own industry
first," added Leon Hussey, manufacturer of a home brewer and another
of the incorporating members, "and an industry wide council is the
way to do that best."

Membership is open to all individuals interested in compost tea, from
the homeowner to the professional brewer manufacturer and all related
industries.

Providing education and information for all levels of expertise is a
key role for this group. The ICTC will be hosting seminars on compost
tea and organic practices. Visit www.intlctc.org
<
http://www.intlctc.org/> for information and science on compost tea,
events, news, information, standards and membership requirements.