Welcome to WHIG - World Humus Interest Group

<http://www.humusworkshop.org/>

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net

Title: Welcome to WHIG - World Humus Interest Group

This site has been established in order to bring together all of the great studies and techniques of humus production, throughout the world. The whole principle behind such a collaboration is to get the find what materials and methods make the most sustainable humus. We would like to note that some information on this web site may be anonymous. Although some may have individual's names attached, this is only for future collaboration purposes.

World Humus Interest Group was inspired by a small group of Swiss farmers, whom take humus as seriously as we all should. The Swiss are admired for their precise thoughts, actions and products. In Germany, komposting has been refined to near perfection. A small Austrian Farmer has come closest to perfecting the method of making the highest quality humus. Some of us have been fortunate enough to have been exposed to the work of Mr. Seigfreid Lübke (Lube-Ka). Mr Lübke has completed circle after circle of research to application. Being a self taught micro-biologist and farmer, by trade, he has been able to experiment on philosophy, in the lab, then make it work in the field with tremendous success. This website will include some of Mr Lübke's work, but we will definitely not limit our knowledge to this single man's work. No one person or group holds all the answers. As a group of people, focused on building nothing but the best humus, we are after nothing but the bottom line....the absolute truths of what makes humus its best!

One must remember that soil is one of the most dynamic life forms we have available, that can work tremendously in our favor. Countless populations of microscopic organisms not only make soil a store house of nutrients for plants but also act as a filter for surface water being recycled into ground water. Soil is much more than just dirt!

Our mission is to take what knowledge and talent each one of us has been given and join it all together so that we can complement the weaknesses of each other. This will allow us to see the whole picture much more clearly. We all have parts of a large puzzle. We need to put it together now! Our largest goal is to create the highest quality of life, for the ones we love. There are so many people who have devoted lifetimes to this cause. Let's gather the information they have compiled, and put it to the ultimate tests. This website will consist of the most intriguing information ever assembled about highly sustainable humus !

Beliefs:

  • that good soil is at the root of a healthy life
  • a soil that is fully dynamic in micro-life will fix problems in our society that we cannot even imagine at this point in time
  • that the remedies for all health ailments are in nature (rooted into humus)
  • that if we let truth guide us, we will make many great discoveries
  • this is a movement that only proceeds in the correct direction when all involved continue to realize that we know "nothing in the realm of everything"
  • by humbling ourselves we learn and teach so much more quickly
  • no one should be involved in this collaboration for only personal gain

Creating humus is the cornerstone to naturally sustainable soils. Naturally sustainable soils are the foundation of a fully dynamic natural system.

December 12, 2002

Availlable now ...

Paul Sachs shares his understandings and ideas about compost tea usage and production

click here to listen to the interview using realone player

Get RealOne Player

If you have suggestions about guests that would be good interviews on our show drop us an e-mail.
(humusworkshop online)

Online interviews are going to give us all years of growing knowledge. We can all understand the concepts of good soil management....with help from others :)

Bulletin Board

I would like to invite us all to bring leaders to the foreground. There is now a section called "Inside Biographies". This section will be comprised of individuals that are successful in creating riches from healthy soil. If you know someone or would like to share some information yourself please notify me at: mike@humusworkshop.org

2000 & 2001news on Genetic Engineering---
CLICK HERE