From: Jonathan von Ranson <commonfarm@CROCKER.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU
Subject: [SANET-MG] Writing opportunity
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:09:27 -0500

Writing Opportunity on Organic Farming

Two writer/farmers sought to write on organic farming practices this spring
and summer for two separate 60-80-page manuals from Northeast Organic
Farming Association and SARE, published by Chelsea Green:

1) Crop Rotation and Cover Cropping on the Organic Farm
2) Compost, Vermicompost & Compost Tea: Feeding the Soil on the Organic
Farm.

(NOTE: Other, future topics in series will be: marketing & community
relations, egg and meat production, seed production & saving, and milk &
dairy products. Manuals on weed management, soil fertility management,
whole
farm planning, and crop health are already published or in production.)

Applicant must have strong organic farming background, writing experience
and research skills and success meeting deadlines.

First-draft manuscripts for this round due Aug. 20. Final draft due
mid-November. Pay vicinity of $1,500 per manual.

The deadline for applications is March 15. We will hire by March 20.

Send a resume, samples, a brief outline of your ideas, and references to:

Jonathan von Ranson, Coordinator