Re: Alternatives for failed vermiculture businesses

I’ve had numerous calls concerning B&B going belly up and what were other options for their worms.  Come to find out the owner had a heart attack and died.  His wife no longer wanted to keep the business.

At the National Small Farm Trade Show and Conference last November, a gentleman with B&B came to my exhibit and visited with me about B&B.  In Jan of this year, he sent me a letter saying he had broken off from B&B and had started his own business.  His info is at http://www.organicsystemsinc.com/

A lady who called my office said she had been talking with CRS about contracting raising worms.  I had not heard of them.  Here is their info http://www.crsnv.com/main.shtml

I have no expertise or comments about either of these operations.  If anyone else does or you know of other operations, please pass it along.

debi kelly

MAC

Debi Kelly, Project Manager

Missouri Alternatives Center

531 Clark Hall

Columbia MO 65211-4423

573-882-1905 (800-433-3704 MO only)

573-884-4336 - fax

kellyd@umsystem.edu

http://agebb.missouri.edu/mac

"There's no need to sustain the farm if there's no family to be sustained upon it."