agricultural innovation

Hello David,

I recommend that you track down a copy of " Changing Agriculture: An
Introduction to Systems Thinking" by Jim Wilson. This little known book out
of Australia may not be exactly what you are looking for but I really like
the authors discussion of the systemic effects of agricultural innovation.

I ordered a used copy through Amazon.com last year after discovering the
book while browsing the stacking in the NCSU library.

The following 2 books also contain good discussions of agricultural
innovation...

Facilitating Sustainable Agriculture: Participatory Learning and Adaptive
Management in Times of Environmental Uncertainty, edited by N. G. Roling, M.
A. E. Wagemakers
http://books.cambridge.org/0521794811.htm

Agroecological Innovations: Increasing food production with participatory
devlopment
edited by Norman Uphoff,
http://www.earthscan.co.uk/asp/bookdetails.asp?key=3574

Joel Gruver