Re: [compost_tea] Compost - was Growing nematodes

From: <Lmvine1_at_cs.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 14:14:38 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/2003 12:24:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
soilfoodweb_at_aol.com writes:
> We have to educate the public first. Until thermal composting operations
> cannot sell their compost because the public refuses to buy it unless the
> right biology is present, they will not change.

Probably 99% of people who enquire what is in the compost think of NPK
values. And that is the same for most compost sellers & most labs that do
compost testing!! Most people think the value of the compost is NPK &
organic matter. And this is supported by data on label.

Until there is a ground breaking article or expose showing real value of
compost is biology you won't change thinking. Elaine are there tests/data to
support the biology paradigm of compost??

Dan Lynch
Long Mountain Vineyard