Re: [compost_tea] Re; Why activate the compost?

From: David Loring <dloring3_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 11:54:25 -0700

Ray - I have found that fish hydrolysate grows fungi on almonst anything .=
 . . anything that is that still has enough undecomposed material for fungi=
 to grow on. If what you have is really humus that means, by definition, i=
t has already been worked on by fungi and bacteria and may not support much=
 more growth. You might try mixing a little woody material 1:4 to provide =
foods for the fungi in your humus to grow on.

David A. Loring, Project Leader
Southeast Asia Project
Dietrick Institute for Applied Insect Ecology
dloring3_at_cox.net ph (760) 489-9438