Re: [compost_tea] Chelated micronutrient sprays.

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 02:26:36 EDT

So we better get excited about rain water, because some of the nutrients in
rain are chelated too. Shall we insist that everyone has to test their
plants before you can water with rain water?

Chelated minerals are less likely to leach, less likely to be harmful to
plants than not-chelated nutrients.

I do not read the regulatory statement as REQUIRING testing. No regulator
will prevent you from applying chelated minerals because it would be a good
idea to test tissue first. We would have to insist that anyone applying any
nutrient should have to test to make sure they are needed.

Actually, we ought to do that, but most of us look at the information the
plant gives us in the form of color, growth rate, etc. then we decide if the
plant needs additional nutrient.

Testing? Great idea. Practical?

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic