RE: [compost_tea] Re: compost

From: Mike Bosko <mjbosko_at_jmtsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:40:37 -0700

Thanks Ron, that has been my point too. There are plenty of sites talking
about compost production -- but none deal with using them for teas -- the
sites I've visited on Teas state that typical compost production (like those
mentioned on the composts sites) are not suited for teas. Circle after
circle leading to a numb head.

Although I appreciate those that want to sell great tea compost, its just
not feasible for some of us - in particular to the quantities we need. It
just seems like it suites the forum well to talk about how to make what goes
into the teas, as much as it does to talk about the teas themselves.
Otherwise, it just seems that we're primarily talking about marketing the
brewers and their goods, rather than the end result.

This list seems like a perfect forum for talking about compost production
for use in teas. I suppose an email list specifically suited to making
compost for compost tea is setup (hmm, the
[making_compost_piles_for_compost_tea] list seems a little too
specialized)... but that just seems a little less productive, let alone
goofy.

On a sidenote: This has been one of the most receptive and understanding
groups I've belonged to. Thank you all for that. I thought for sure I'd
have gotten myself flamed for a couple of my thoughts, but all I get in
response is understanding and appreciative comments back (even offline from
some of the brewer mfgrs/testers themselves).. Its a great group here -
thats how progress is made !

Mike