Re: [compost_tea] Filters

From: Ross Orner <rorner_at_pennswoods.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:11:18 -0400

Hi Eileen,
We have taken all of the screens out of our sprayer, both in-line and nozzle
screens and use flood jet nozzles. The first time I tried spraying compost
tea I got just a few feet until everything was plugged which was very
disappointing but we worked thru it. I had flat fan nozzles in at that time
and tried a couple of different sizes but they didn't work. I took the
screens out so as not to disturb the biology any more than necessary when
applying the tea. Also you want to consider the size of the nozzle might
affect the biology as they pass thru them.
Ross Orner
ornerfarms.com