Re: [compost_tea] Re: microbial food

From: Steve Bridges <kimas_at_texasgrown.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:15:35 -0500

Baking soda, one heaping teaspoon to a gallon of water makes an excellent f=
oliar spray for powdery mildew. As a retail nurserymen I could sell them s=
omething but I find it better to be helpful rather than greedy. Keep it sim=
ple, affordable, and simply effective. Don't know the effect on the microbe=
s, and if I were using AACT then the baking soda would not be needed? But I=
'm still not going to sell my customers a $5 gallon of compost tea when the=
y can use a nickels worth of baking soda.
Steve Bridges
Kimas Tejas Nursery