RE: [compost_tea] RE: Baking Soda

From: Tom Jaszewski <tomj_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 07:16:19 -0700

Percent by volume: Solutions based on percent by volume are calculated the =
same as for percent by weight, except that calculations are based on volume=
. Thus one would simply determine what percentage was desired (for example,=
 a 20% by volume aqueous solution of sodium chloride) and the total quantit=
y to be prepared.
If the total quantity needed is 1 liter, then it would simply be a matter o=
f calculating 20% of 1 liter which, of course is:
0.20 NaCl * 1000 ml/l = 200 ml NaCl/l.

Tom Jaszewski
www.livesoil.com
702-595-7012