[compost_tea] Re: Filters

From: jery_morgan <jery_morgan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 23:25:00 -0000

thank you and it is sure nice of you for taking the time and clearing
this up for me. . this is great I have a well and i just inject the
tea into the drip line. Now with my drip line pluging fixed this is
easy. How sweet it is. Before i strained the tea i was getting
pluged lines everytime I injected tea now I strain the tea cleaning
the sludge that forms as i strain, using that for a soak for sick
trees and because the filters on the drip line is 200 holes per inch
same as what i use to strain the tea no more pluged lines when i put
out tea. this is sure a lazy lazy way to get that soil life out
there under the trees. I feel guilty its so easy. : > I think the
soil life is happy going out with a irragation . that way it seem to
me the new life will move as the water moves. seems to me I water
more to keep the soil food web alive than to water the trees. When
ever i think the soil life needs water i water. I keep in mind i
don't want to drown the soil life so no sitting water and i don't
want it to dry out to dry.

Thanxs

-- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, soilfoodweb_at_a... wrote:
> As long as the filter doesn't get a layer of sludge covering it,
the
> micro-life will get through just fine.
>
> If a sludge layer forms, the fungi get filtered out. So try to get
a finer
> bag to hold the compost in, so you get less particulate matter.
Opening sizes

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/0PSxlB/TM