Re: [compost_tea] bacteria food - Wholesome sweeteners Mollasses

From: Matt Leamy <sharku_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:33:53 +1200

Some while ago while looking for ingredients approved by our certifying bod=
y, I found Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blackstrap Molasses in a local shop=
 here in Tauranga New Zealand. The container had no certifiers Logo on it,=
 only a statement saying that it was certified in accordance with the Calif=
ornia Organic Foods Act 1990.

I thought that maybe it really is Organic, no matter, all I need to satisfy=
 our certifying body is documentation stating it is GE free. Should be eas=
y. At the time the web site had no information on the GE Status of the pro=
ducts. An e-mail to them went unresponded. I took this to mean that eithe=
r: they were not able to say they were GE free; or it just got lost in the =
system. Whichever it was, saying that you are certified and showing no cer=
tifying authority seems to be a common practice with imported products on o=
ur retail shelves and only creates suspicion about the company who does it.=
 And is certainly not a statement that it is GE Free.