Re: [compost_tea] Q's: Applying Compost Tea

From: Jason Austin <jason.austin_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:11:52 -0700

Hi Ray

ray gore wrote:

> your only supposed to be spraying between 40-80psi

My post showed the pressure rating of my pump. I think you are
speaking of the pressure while spraying. There is a huge difference.
I'm not knowledgeable in this area, but I expect you would find there is
an inverse relationship between the GPM and the pressure. Block all
your nozzles and you will have your highest pressure; have lots of
nozzles open and a high flow and you will have low spray pressure. ie
 low flow=high pressure high flow=low pressure

Jason