despots of the world, was RE: [compost_tea] Re: dechlor and water

From: George and Paulette Mouchet <geomouchet_at_QNET.COM>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 07:36:39 -0700

Dear Steve:

I got a good chuckle from the passion you in your note.

Well, the HD and Lowes have already done their thing in my community (HD
arrived about 10 years ago). We don't have a decent nursery in the entire
Antelope Valley where I do most of my shopping. I have to drive 30 miles
out of town to get to a Green Thumb nursery. HD also killed the local
"mom-and-pop" hardware store that was about 2 miles from my house.

However, in defense of HD. I find the staff very knowledgable and I can
always find someone to help if I need it. Lowes, on the other hand, is
short staffed by a bunch of idiots...

I've heard many people lament the same about Wal-Mart. We've got a
Wal-Mart (right next to the HD!), a Target (next to the Lowes!), and a
K-Mart all within spitting distance of each other. The K-Mart went belly
up when the company went into bankruptcy so it's really just Wally-Mart/HD
and Target/Lowes. The battle lines have been drawn!

Oh, I should say that we also have a Petsmart right across the street from
a Petco (the superstore versions of the local pet shop).

Paulette