[compost_tea] Re: additions to compost, fungal compost

From: irene bensinger <irene_at_trilliumwoods.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:36:21 -0700

Elaine wrote:

>How much CaSO4 (better known as gypsum). A little can be put into the tea
>
>A lot needs to be put into the compost.

I've been wondering what I could/should be adding to my hot compost,
so this bit of information comes at just the right moment. Are there
other things that it would be good to add?

Specifically, is there something I can add to the composting
materials that would benefit the fungi? We've got lots of fungi
around here, thanks to piles of composting donkey manure mixed with
shredded bark which we use to keep the stableyard mud-free. When I
dig into those piles I find long, long strands of fungi.

Can I 'seed' the hot compost bins with the fungal compost and then
add something to the mix to encourage its growth?

irene

irene_at_trilliumwoods.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM