Re: [compost_tea] Foliar Application of Grape Vines

From: Steve Bridges <kimas_at_texasgrown.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:51:59 -0500

I don't have grapes but I do sell crepemyrtles at my retail nursery. Where
we used to be plagued every late spring with powdery mildew on our crepes
about the time that they were starting to flower (time to sell them!), many
of them would get powdery mildew. Since we have started using AACT on them,
about once a month, we have stopped the powdery mildew from being a problem.
In my experience it works very well to combat powdery mildew, but the key is
get the tea working before the mildew begins. Using the tea afterward will
arrest the problem, but doesn't 'remove' the mildew from the leaves.

You can use AACT instead of sulfur, but I wouldn't use them at the same time
as sulfur is detrimental to the microbes in the tea that will be controlling
the powdery mildew.
Steve Bridges
Kimas Tejas Nursery