Re: [compost_tea] Re: blackspot vrs sooty mold

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 10:18:21 EDT

Thanks Tom, for the definitions. Excellent and to the point.

There isn't something different about molds versus fungi. Molds are fungi.
Yeasts are fungi. The term mold doesn't have a solid scientific basis. What
smells musty to one person doesn't smell musty to another.

Just have to keep terminology clear! It's the part of me that has to
categorize things correctly.

Elaine
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic