[compost_tea] Re: moss

From: growest2002 <g.w.thomson_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:22:37 -0000

Laura-be interested if anyone can answer that one.

My lawn has a great % of moss, in spite of pH 6.8, lots of sun--the
usual things that are supposed to discourage it...

Available iron is one recurring theme...but how can I get more
available iron? Some of my rhodos also indicate low available iron,
in spite of red colour in the sandy soil that also indicates plenty of
iron, just not becoming available. I've heard that most soils have
plenty of iron, but availability is often low.

Is this maybe one of the jobs of fungi...maybe mycorrhizae
even...extraction of iron that's bound up chemically so the plant can
use it? Way more questions than answers, as usual...

Glen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM