Re: [compost_tea] Re: adding VAM ?

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:16:54 EDT

Mycorrhizal fungal inocula need to be placed next to the roots. Addition to
compost usually dilutes the spores too much, unless the compost with spores is
put into deep aeration cores, like 3 to 4 foot deep, into the soil the roots
are in.

Addition to tea has to be just before the plant will be put near the spores.

So, soil injections with tea to which the spores were added work good.

Root dip into tea with spores (do not add root GELS to get the spores to
stick. the lack of air that results with the gels we have tested kill the fungi).

Tea with spores applied into aeration holes works great.

What have I forgotten here? Any other ways to apply tea with spores?

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic