Re: [compost_tea] Re: Chili powder?

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 00:50:15 EDT

Diversity is the key. You need to have some areas of the pile that you have
allowed bacteria and fungi to grow that tolerate and actually consume those
good aromatic compounds!

Just don't make the WHOLE pile out of onions. Or garlic. The more kinds of
food resources, balanced nicely for the desired fungal or bacterial ratio will
do the trick. Other people think of C:N ratio here, I think of F:B ratios.

Elaine
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic