Re: [compost_tea] RE: Triclosan

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:38:49 -0400

Triclosan is quite detrimental to many bacteria, but as I recall, human skin bacteia are becoming resistant to it. Well, not really surprising, given the extensive sales of anti-bacterial soap. This marketing gimmick may have scared the American public into buying these soaps, but it will do nothing more than destroy the effectiveness of a decent anti-microbial.

We are selecting for nastier bugs in our kitchens, lawns, clothes, etc. What will be the long term effect of doing this?

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY