Re: [compost_tea] Thanks, Russ Graham and Ann Lamb for suggestions

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Merla & Herb I started to send you a note to find the information about Iowa road side work. But you did find it. Good.

Did you get my email after our phone conversation? It was so late when I finished the email I thought - not tonight. You have a heg ache by now or are sound asleep.

Does the Iowa plan sound like wild flowers to you? Wild daiseys and plants that grow naturally in your area. The CT would inoculate the soil with the microbes those plants had before the road put sterile soil on top of top soil, sprayed it with stuff to kill any life left. Even the native plants need some of the good conditions they once enjoyed to survive and overwhelm the "native weeds".

Diesels never die. They just quit until given respiration / restoration. 10 mpg is not good news at these gas prices. Bob.

We just went over our in/out books. Don't feel lonely as you shop at the thrift store.

Merla Barberie <herbnmerla_at_supersat2.net> wrote:
Hi Russ and Ann,

First, let me tell you, Ann, that I wrote to the people at the Iowa
Roadside Vegetative Management Project. Thanks a lot. It did me good
to know that a whole state does IPM weed control on their right-of-ways
and they have someone at the University of Idaho directing the counties.

Russ, It's four hours round-trip to Spokane. Our diesel truck bit the
dust and for more than a year we were driving a van that got 10 mpg. I
have sung for 9 years with the Spokane Symphony Chorale and go to a
rehearsal once a week there. Financially, that is our only recreation
besides sailing (which is free). I have exhibited and sold my garden
sculptures at the Spokane Art School's "Yuletide Show" for several years
and tried the Spokane garden circuit, but many people in those groups
were as poor as we were and I did much better at art shows. As far as
going to their programs, we just can't make any more trips to Spokane
than we are already. I could get 1/2 price tickets to the whole
symphony season, but we just don't have the energy or money to take
advantage of that. It's really hard to drive in a winter snowstorm.

Thanks again,

Merla

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor