Re: [compost_tea] recipes, procedure & perfomance

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:55:19 -0700 (PDT)

No, Steve, Judi's 30 g and 250g neither have an impellor pump. Bob

Steve Bridges <kimas_at_texasgrown.com> wrote:
st1\:* { BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)}Judy,
If you have a motor-driven, impellor-type pump, then you can't use rock dust in your machine. I have a 22gal. Earth Tea Brewer and rock dusts cause a $15 seal in the motor to wear out after 4-5 brews. One of the composts that I was using had some decomposed granite in the compost. I could visually see the scuff marks on the seal where the granite had scarred the seal, causing it to leak.
Steve Bridges
Kimas Tejas Nursery