[compost_tea] RE: diffusers ?

From: Mike Benton <compost_at_mweb.co.za>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:00:36 +0200

Hi Laura
The short answer is I don't....I looked at what was available and then
located the local agents. I decided on a 3" diameter and a length of about
40"[1m] times three diffusers. The price quoted by the local agents was
double the price in the states even after a rate of exchange then of
10:1.The diffusers should have cost about R600 and instead they wanted
R2200.So I make them myself. In a previous career I worked in shoe
production and I used those machines and techniques to produce the diffusers
.I sell them for R600 and make about 25% profit which I feel is fair.My
early diffusers had up to 1000 very small holes drilled along them. Very
Very NOT fun:>I have spent about six hours in the bottom of the brewer
wearing dive goggles watching what happens with different size and types of
diffusers and two of those hours were in winter with a water temp of 15C.How
do we learn? We must feel..
I must say that I don't believe that diffuser type machines are the end of
the road. I have been chatting with Bob about his machines because they seem
to be more efficient and use smaller air sources. This allows the unit to
sell for a lot less .This is good news for everybody. I have built umpteen
different trial models and have now made one with a clear tube for the body
which allows me to see what's going on inside.
Does anybody know what happened to Jose from brazil?
Steve and all those who have heard about SA but have been put off by the
press,Come out and see for yourself. We have that idiot Mugabe in Zim next
door but his antics give the whole region a bad name.SA is a curious
place.49% of our population owns a mobile phone. Many of these people then
live in a shanty town. The line between first and third world blurs at times
.We have like the US a tradition of immigration from other countries and
have large expat communities from all over and then we have 11 official
langauges.So most of us speak at least two or three languages.

Cheers
Regards
Mike Benton
Compost Technologies
compost_at_mweb.co.za <mailto:compost_at_mweb.co.za> mobile 0823345371

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM