[compost_tea] NOFC - Compost Tea

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:49:07 -0700

Our club was on a field trip yesterday. At one of our stops we visited
an organic farmer of fruits and vegetables who makes and uses
compost tea. We observed brewer sitting inside the greenhouse. The air
temperature at 3 pm registered 110 degrees F.
What would you suppose this tea is doing to the plants?

I used one 350 watt aquarium heater which raised the water in our 250 g.
plastic tank from 60 degrees F. to 68 degrees F. overnight. The rubber
suction cups of the heater and its thermostat didn't stick to the walls
of the tank, but it really didn't matter. Water usually comes up 5
degrees colder from the well in the fall and winter. At that time we'll
use two heaters. We made 250 g. of ACT using the following:

20 ou.- powdered seaweed
5 ou.- liquid humic acid
90 ou.- molasses
32 ou.- Azomite

Just thought I'd pass along the latest message from a new fruit club
member who used this batch of ACT.

Judi