[compost_tea] Re: ICTC Meet

From: Kirk Leonard <kirk_at_oregonatural.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:14:28 -0700

Jeff -- Your presentation Sat AM was super, too. Were you surprised I had a
beard? Did you think I was 13? I think Leon and Terence have much more
impressive beards, and I wish I had as much hair as you, baldface!:-)
Personally, I just dislike shaving...

Thank you Irene for a great recounting of Saturday's sessions. (Message 12,
7/14 -- and Happy Bastille Day all you Francophiles, not to mention the end
of Iraq's monarchy...).

The event definitely bears repeating in as many places as possible. The
combination of "think stuff" and "hands-on stuff" is excellent, unikely to
be captured on video. And I agree strongly with your urging folks to join
ICTC. $25 annual individual and $50 business dues is a small amount
compared to the eventual larger benefits to CT and CT users.

ICTC's focus is right on: CT Education, Gov interface, Standards. It's
where we gotta go. Do join ICTC and set up opportunities for them to do
similar seminars in your area.

Kirk

> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:23:16 -0800
> From: "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff_at_gardener.com>
> Subject: ICTC Meet

> Hi folks,

> I just got back from the first International Compost Tea Council education
session with > Dr. Elaine and many of the ICTC board members and many of you
on this list. There > > were about 70 folks and from all
over....California, Alaska, Oregon, Canada,
> Washington...a great bunch of people. It was great to meet those of you
who are on this > list. What fun to be able to put a face to a name. Kirk L,
incidentally, has a beard. ):

> It was terrific to see all the different brewers....KIS, BOBs, Growing
Solution, Worm
> Gold. And there were several commercial spay trucks.

> And, of course, Dr. Elaine and Hendrikus! Always terrific. We had two
mornings of
> lectures and q and a and in the afternoon, we looked at brewers, sprayers
and
> continued the discussions outside.

> For those who are still suspicious about the ICTC, get over your fears.
THIS WAS A

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM