[compost_tea] backpack sprayers

From: chris reid <reidchris_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:20:14 -0400

Thanks very, very much to everyone for the highly useful comments on
backpack and other sprayers. You've all given me very helpful and useful
input.

On the question of pressure, and the technique of having the droplets
parachute down as opposed to hitting the target hard, my only question about
hitting with a splat would be to ask: what happens when spray is forced
through a small opening in a higher pressure situation -- is that merely a
squeeze or is it a splat?

I'm counting on Elaine to roll her eyes over my technical terminology and
admonish me to get my terms straight. The bottom line is that if high
pressure works as long as droplets aren't ultimately pummeled onto the plant
or soil, I needn't concern myself with the physics of the spray nozzle.

All I can think of is Woody Allen in Sleeper, dressed head to toe in white
and waiting to be ejected...can't imagine what these bacteria and fungi go
through to get out of the sprayer and onto the plant.

Chris Reid

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM