Re: [compost_tea] Bags of fun..

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:50:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mike 884 m3/hr is about 400 cfm. I'm using near 4 cfm for 250 g
you have increased compared to my capacity ( 250 g) by a factor of 10 your 10,000 liters would be roughly 2,500 g but you have increased your air by a factor of 100. Are you going to blow the water out of your tank? The volum will be affected by back pressure, differently by the style of pump you use. My 1940 mechanical engineering is some rusty in the numbers you are writing about. More study together later? Bob

Mike my bethod of testing cfm is intended for us wee ones not your gigantic stuff.

Mike Benton <compost_at_mweb.co.za> wrote:
Hi Bob I have bags of a known volume ,my concern is at what point does back In those ranges look at the mfg graph that plots the output
pressure become a factor? And then there is an itsy problem with the biggest
blower I have considered for the 10 000lt units. This petite little baby
puts out 884 m3 per hour free air and about 550 m3 at 1.2 m head. 10 000lt As noted above that seems to be far more air than is enough in my system.
min. from a 5 Kw motor.
I think that the reason that our bugs breed so fast has to do with the Testosterone in your water?
Jacuzzi Effect. Sometimes I have referred to my machines as Jacuzzi's for
bugs. Now if we can work out how to get them some oysters and perhaps
champagne then ,maybe the tea will be ready in twelve hours.
On a more serious not does anyone know of any short term contract work or
exchange program in the ACT or compost fields. From what I read here and
elsewhere the market is growing faster in the US and downunder than here. I
believe that ACT is going to explode in mainstream agriculture over the next
couple of years and , I think the experience would be off tremendous benefit It sounds from here like you are exploding there. Build your cutomer base and know how there. They need you.
.Just a thought :)

Regards
Mike Benton
Compost Technologies
compost_at_mweb.co.za <mailto:compost_at_mweb.co.za> mobile 0823345371

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT