Re: [compost_tea] Hay Tea

From: Kirk Waterstripe <healthysoil_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:10:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tim,
Hay infusion: a bale of good chemical free hay placed in a large container of clean water (degassed if it was chlorinated). Leave it for 48 hours, then use at 4-6 L/ha. Sorry, I got this from a friend in Australia. I think that works out to about a half gallon per acre.

Kirk Waterstripe

Tim Kiphart <kiphart_at_ev1.net> wrote:
Hello, my name is Tim Kiphart, and I am new to this list serve. Home is
Brenham Texas, which is in the south central part of the state-- about
halfway between Austin and Houston.

Was wondering if anyone could address the making of a hay tea infusion.
Seems I recall hearing about this being a very good way of increasing
protozoa. Any illumination would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers-

Tim Kiphart

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT