[compost_tea] Hot (not warm) weather AACT considerations

From: John A Perazzo <jperazzo_at_lvcm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:54:31 -0700

In making Aerobically Aerated Compost Tea in hot weather what else do I need
to keep in mind?

(1) Summer temperatures here range from 80 to 115 (night and day). I
want to select for those bacteria.

(2) Admittedly, this is maintenance treatment (soil), not anything
specifically remedial based on soil tests.

(3) Higher temps mean less Oxygen in the brew, so I use a weaker mix to
not overwhelm the pumps (2 x 30 gal aquarium pumps with 2 airstones each).

(4) My latest mix still smelled good, earthy.

(5) My WormGold worm castings have completely dried out.

(6) This is for our vegetable garden (green peppers, eggplants).

Is there anything else I need to keep in mind?

John A Perazzo
Las Vegas, NV

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM