[compost_tea] One more time on the lilst rules

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:35:11 -0800

Fellow Soil Foodwebbies, this is from another list, but it is a good guide.=
 We need to make sure we are not wasting anyone's time with this list.....P=
lease heed these rules.

** If you want to thank the person who answered - reply directly to that
person . We'll all assume you are grateful - you
don't have to thank each of us in a post to the group. If you want to make
a personal statement of some kind do it directly to the sender- not the li=
st.

** If you want to ask a question - do. That's why we're all here - to
ask, answer and find out what's happening with this great group of people.

** Don't fill our mailboxes with "me-too" statements. One person says
"there's a problem here" and everybody else says "me too." Somebody says
"too many mails" and a host of
"me-toos echo from the electronic halls. If we eliminated

<<<<ONLY SEND THE PART OF THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE THAT IS RELEVANT. DO NOT COP=
Y ALL OF THE PAST MESSAGES ON A SUBJECT. YES, IT TAKES SOME WORK, BUT IT IS=
 COURTEOUS.....

ADVERTISING IS RESERVED FOR SUNDAY WHEN IT IS PERFECTLY FINE TO TOUT YOUR P=
RODUCTS> QUESTIONS ABOUT A PRODUCT CAN BE ANSWERED ANY TIME......but a pers=
onal answer may make more sense......

** There are two parts to any list. Content and Noise. (these are technical
e-list publication terms) Ask yourself before you post - "Is this post
going to help somebody?" If the post is helpful to somebody it is content.
Just like your magazine and newspaper articles. Newspapers and magazines
don't print too many "me-too statements." :-)

Thank you ALL for helping keep the ratio of information to noise as high as
possible.