[compost_tea] Re: Effects of Chlorinated water

From: Chad <ChadClancy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:09:15 -0000

This from Anne's post was basically what I was after:

* * * * *
Anne:
In essence, if using city water, are you "sacrificing" the organisms
in say, a teaspoon of tea, for every gallon of tea you use? (I'm
just
trying to get an idea of the amount of damage that is done by the
chlorine in the
water)

Doug:
Maybe the organisms in a small drop of tea.

* * * * *

Assuming Doug has evidence to back this up, we have nothing
whatsoever to worry about when it comes to the use of (reasonably)
chlorinated water along with compost tea. ie., one drop of the tea
contains enough microbes to "use up" the available chlorine.

However, this information is contrary to what is posted on
soilfoodweb. So the question remains, which information is more
credible?

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/0PSxlB/TM